Visitors to Waterbury are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, theaters, and museums. Around the area, top sights include Lake Compounce, East Rock Park, and Yale Bowl.
- You'll find 122 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 21.3 mi (34.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterbury
Cultural venues in the city include Palace Theatre, Mattatuck Museum Arts and History Center, and TIMEXpo Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Brass Mill Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Carrie Welton Fountain and Apothecary Building.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Waterbury. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Waterbury Downtown - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Hampton Inn Waterbury - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Quality Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Lake Compounce, 8.5 mi/13.6 km from the heart of the city, and East Rock Park, which is 16.5 mi (26.6 km) away.
Dressing for Waterbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Waterbury gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F