Wisconsin Dells Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 28 economical motels in Wisconsin Dells among the more than 347 hotels and other lodging choices. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
When you save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Wisconsin Dells. Not-to-be-missed sights include Noah's Ark Waterpark, Top Secret, and Christmas Mountain.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trip vacations, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' recommended Wisconsin Dells motels to choose from:
Motel 6 Lake Delton WI
- Stay within a short 8-minute drive of Noah's Ark Waterpark.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Indian Trail Motel
- A restaurant and an outdoor pool are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Noah's Ark Waterpark and Top Secret.
River Road Motel
- Enjoy access to the coffee in the lobby, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and a casino shuttle.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Noah's Ark Waterpark and Top Secret.
Flamingo Motel & Suites
- It's located within a quick 1-minute drive of Noah's Ark Waterpark.
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like WiFi, parking, and a casino shuttle are available during your stay.
The Ridge Hotel Portage
- If driving, you'll be within 14 minutes of Cascade Mountain Ski Area.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Wisconsin Dells
Check out the fun-filled waterpark and enjoy the entertainment choices in this walkable area while you're sightseeing. Those who've visited Wisconsin Dells have good things to say about its zoo and riverfront.
Here are some popular places:
- Noah's Ark Waterpark
- Top Secret
- Christmas Mountain
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Rocky Arbor State Park
- Witches Gulch
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Wizard Quest
- Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf
- Wisconsin Deer Park
Wisconsin Dells is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Wisconsin Dells
Decide when you'd like to visit Wisconsin Dells by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 51° F and nighttime temperatures average 8° F
- April-June: 82° F is the daytime average and 28° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 41° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 67° F during the day and 9° F at night
- Average rainfall is 36.02 inches in a year
How to Get to Wisconsin Dells and Around the Area
Wisconsin Dells Transportation
|Madison, WI (MSN-Dane County Regional) ||Airport ||40.2 mi (64.7 km) |
|Wisconsin Rapids, WI (ISW-South Wood County) ||Airport ||50.8 mi (81.8 km) |
|Wisconsin Dells Station ||Train Station ||0.1 mi (0.2 km) |
|Portage Station ||Train Station ||16.4 mi (26.4 km) |