Yosemite National Park & Giant Sequoia Grove Day Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Hike among ancient Giant Sequoia Trees
- Stop at Tunnel View for postcard-worthy pictures
- Marvel at both Yosemite Falls & Bridalveil Fall.
- Witness towering El Capitan
- See iconic Half Dome
Yosemite & Giant Sequoia Day Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from Union Square at 6:20am
What you can expect
Explore glacially-formed cliffs, wildflower-speckled meadows, and hike to the towering Sequoias in the heart of Yosemite’s dynamic wilderness.
Just a few hours’ drive from San Francisco, Yosemite is the ideal break from the distractions of the city. Since John Muir’s first glimpse of Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite has captivated and inspired people from all over the world, totaling more than 5 million visitors in a year.
Immerse yourself in our day-long tour with our professional guides as they lead you through not only Yosemite Valley but also to see the ancient Giant Sequoias of Tuolumne Grove. You'll capture the endless skylines, rock formations, and waterfalls as you enjoy an overview of how Yosemite Park’s unique landscape was formed, who came before, and how the park became the nation’s first ever protected national park. Next, strap up your hiking boots and embark on the 2.5 mile (4 km) round trip hike down to the Sequoia Grove which most day tour visitors do not get the chance to see.
With 1.5 hours of free time in Yosemite Valley you'll also get the chance to wander through the picturesque meadows, check out the Visitor's Center or just find a serene overlook to sit and reflect. Discover the resilience and beauty of a place that has captured the hearts of visitors throughout the ages.
Located on the Tioga Road just east of Crane Flat, the Tuolumne Grove has about two dozen mature giant sequoias. Sequoias are only visible after a one-mile hike with 500 feet of elevation loss. (The one-mile hike back to the parking lot gains 500 feet and is strenuous.) Water is not available; bring drinking water for everyone in your group who will be hiking this trail.
Due to the time constraints of this day tour, you must be able to complete the full hike within 1.5 hours. For most active travelers, this is not a problem. If you feel like you might not be active enough to complete this hike, feel free to join our normal Yosemite Day Tour.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available