Travelers to Bangor give high marks for the live music scene, popular theater scene, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its festivals, entertainment choices, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Darling's Waterfront Pavilion, Cross Insurance Center, and Bangor Mall.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodations in Bangor
- The closest major airport is in Bangor, ME (BGR-Bangor Intl.), 2.3 mi (3.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bar Harbor, ME (BHB-Hancock County - Bar Harbor), 31.8 mi (51.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bangor
Known for its live music, theaters, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Darling's Waterfront Pavilion, Maine Discovery Museum, and Bangor Opera House. The city is notable for landmarks like Paul Bunyan Statue, Buck Cemetery, and Thomas Hill Standpipe. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Cascade Park, Waterfront Park, and Green Lake.
In Bangor, there are 87 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Bangor - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Bucksport Motor Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Bangor include Cross Insurance Center and Bangor Mall.
Dressing for Bangor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 6°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- About 41.93 inches of rain falls on Bangor each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°F