Families will find kid-friendly activities in Binghamton, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, entertainment choices, and theaters. Top sights in the city include NYSEG Stadium, Roberson Museum and Science Center, and Discovery Center.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodations in Binghamton
- The closest major airport is in Binghamton, NY (BGM-Greater Binghamton), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cortland, NY (CTX-Cortland County), 37.6 mi (60.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Binghamton
Well-known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Roberson Museum and Science Center, Discovery Center, and Phelps Mansion Museum. Families come for attractions such as Ross Park Zoo, Municipal Stadium, and Ross Park Carousel. The city's natural beauty is on display at Otsiningo Park, Arnold Park, and Glendale Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Binghamton. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Binghamton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, NY - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn Owego - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Binghamton include NYSEG Stadium and Waterman Conservation Education Center. Outside the city, popular places to see include Greek Peak Mountain Resort, located 30.7 mi (49.4 km) from the city center, and Cascades Indoor Waterpark, which is 31 mi/49.8 km away.
Dressing for Binghamton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 39.30 inches of rain falls on Binghamton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F