Visiting Blue Mounds
Visitors can enjoy all that Blue Mounds has to offer including its parks. Top sights in the area include Wisconsin State Capitol, Wisconsin Historical Museum, and Chazen Museum of Art.
- You'll find 141 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Madison
- The closest major airport is in Madison, WI (MSN-Dane County Regional), 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Blue Mounds
The picturesque setting of Blue Mound State Park and Cave of The Mounds National Natural Landmark exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you'll find Tyrol Basin Ski & Snowboard Area and Botham Vineyards in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Blue Mounds, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 17 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West is 16.9 mi (27.1 km) from the center of Blue Mounds. This 3-star hotel in Madison features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Radisson Hotel Madison is located 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the heart of Blue Mounds. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Madison can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison Southwest, WI is 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from central Blue Mounds. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Madison can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Blue Mounds
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 12°F
- Blue Mounds gets about 36.10 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 13°F