Visiting Chianciano Terme
Visitors can enjoy all that Chianciano Terme has to offer including the spas, archaeological sites, and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, entertainment choices, and museums. Around the area, top sights include Tenuta Valdipiatta, Pienza Cathedral, and Palazzo Piccolomini.
- There are 105 hotels and other accommodations in Chianciano Terme
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 35 mi (56.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chianciano Terme
The city's cultural venues include Chianciano Art Museum and Archaeological Civic Museum. The picturesque setting of Terme Sant'Elena and Val di Chiana exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazza Italia and Terme di Chianciano.
In Chianciano Terme, you'll find 105 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Santa Caterina - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Hotel Montecarlo - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Agriturismo La Pietriccia - Amenities at this farm stay include a winery and free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Tenuta Valdipiatta, 4.7 mi/7.5 km from the heart of the city, and Pienza Cathedral, which is 7.2 mi (11.5 km) away.
Dressing for Chianciano Terme
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 39°F at night
- Chianciano Terme gets about 32.44 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 38°F