Danbury Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 50 hotels and other lodging choices in Danbury, though you'll find just 4 low-priced motels. These cheaper accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Fun fact: The term "motel" was invented in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often one or two stories tall, motels usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' favorite Danbury motels to choose from:
Super 8 by Wyndham Danbury
- Enjoy access to the business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Best Western Danbury/Bethel
- A health club along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Days Inn by Wyndham Bethel - Danbury
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Americas Best Value Inn Danbury
- Free parking and a 24-hour front desk are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a private balcony.
What to Do in Danbury
While you're exploring this historical, family-friendly area, take time to enjoy the top-notch restaurants. Visitors like Danbury for its shops and festivals.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Tarrywile Park and Mansion
- Still River Greenway
- Candlewood Lake
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Quassy Amusement Park
- Chuang Yen Monastery
- Beardsley Zoo
Some landmarks to see in the area include:
- Glebe House Museum and The Gertrude Jekyll Garden
- John Kane House
- John Jay Homestead State Historic Site
Danbury is also popular for its:
- Live music
Best Time to Visit Danbury
Determine the optimal time to visit Danbury by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 54° F and nighttime temperatures average 19° F
- April-June: 84° F is the daytime average and 34° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 85° F and nighttime averages are around 47° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 68° F during the day and 21° F at night
- Average rainfall is 52.87 inches in a year
How to Get to Danbury and Around the Area
|Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal) ||Airport ||2.3 mi (3.7 km) |
|Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford) ||Airport ||17.2 mi (27.7 km) |
|Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial) ||Airport ||23.2 mi (37.3 km) |