Visitors can enjoy all that Dorset has to offer including the parks and theaters. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 110 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bennington
- The closest major airport is in Rutland, VT (RUT-Rutland Southern Vermont Regional), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Glens Falls, NY (GFL-Floyd Bennett Memorial), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dorset
A favorite place to visit in the city is Dorset Playhouse. You'll also find Emerald Lake State Park and Merck Forest Farmland Center in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Dorset. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The Marble West Inn is 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Dorset can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- The Dorset Inn is located within 1.5 mi (2.5 km) of the city center. This 3.5-star inn in Dorset features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar.
- Barrows House is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Dorset can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Dorset
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 7°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- Dorset gets about 40.43 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 10°F