Visiting Green Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Green Bay, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront and casinos. Top sights in the city include Lambeau Field, Resch Center, and Oneida Casino.
- There are 101 hotels and other accommodations in Green Bay
- The closest major airport is in Green Bay, WI (GRB-Austin Straubel Intl.), 6 mi (9.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Appleton, WI (ATW-Appleton Intl.), 30.2 mi (48.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Green Bay
Cultural venues in the city include Green Bay Packer Hall of Fame, Weidner Center, and National Railroad Museum. Families come for attractions such as Bay Beach Amusement Park, NEW Zoo, and Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Green Bay Botanical Garden.
In Green Bay, you'll be able to select from 101 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lodge Kohler - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Astor House - Our customers like the comfortable, quiet rooms and room size at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Kress Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Green Bay include Lambeau Field, Resch Center, and Oneida Casino. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Wisconsin International Raceway, 22.3 mi/35.9 km from the heart of the city, and Gardens of the Fox Cities, which is 23.8 mi/38.3 km away.
Dressing for Green Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 9°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 10°F
- Green Bay gets about 29.53 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°F