Travelers to Hillsboro will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in La Crosse, WI (LSE-La Crosse Municipal), 45.7 mi (73.6 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Hillsboro
Places to visit in the larger region include Kickapoo Valley Reserve Visitor Center, Krouskop Park, and A.D. German Warehouse. Additionally, you'll find Jersey Valley County Park in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Hillsboro, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 31 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Quality Inn is 23.5 mi (37.9 km) from central Hillsboro. This 2.5-star hotel in Mauston features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Hickory Hill Motel is 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from the center of Hillsboro. This 2.5-star motel in Viroqua features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- AmericInn by Wyndham New Lisbon is located 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the heart of Hillsboro. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in New Lisbon can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Hillsboro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- About 34.96 inches of rain falls on Hillsboro each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°F