Travelers to Indio give high marks for the casinos and pristine golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, live music, and theaters. Top sights around the area include River, Indian Wells Tennis Garden, and Living Desert Zoo and Gardens.
- You'll find 1847 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Palm Springs
- The closest major airport is in Bermuda Dunes, CA (UDD), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Thermal, CA (TRM-Jacqueline Cochran Regional), 6.4 mi (10.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Indio
The city is known for its festivals, live music, and theaters, along with cultural venues like Coachella Valley History Museum. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Indio's Municipal Golf Course, Indian Palms Country Club, and Empire Polo Club are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Riverside County Fairgrounds and South Jackson Park.
In Indio, you'll be able to select from 148 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indio - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino - Our customers like the overall value and room size at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a casino, 6 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Best Western Date Tree Hotel - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include River, 11.1 mi/17.9 km from the city center, and Indian Wells Tennis Garden, which is 5.1 mi (8.2 km) away.
Dressing for Indio
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 106°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 108°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 97°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Indio is 2.36 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 107°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F