Visitors can enjoy all that Katra has to offer including the temples, mountain views, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and lakeside setting.
- There are 70 hotels and other accommodations in Katra
- The closest major airport is in Jammu (IXJ-Satwari), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Katra
Notable city landmarks like Raghunath Temple and Vaishno Devi Mandir Temple might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Shalimar Park to your agenda.
In Katra, you'll be able to select from 70 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Vaishno - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- KC Residency - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Ishan - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour front desk, along with a private balcony.
Dressing for Katra
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Katra gets about 26.38 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 29°F