Visiting Old Orchard Beach
Travelers to Old Orchard Beach give high marks for the beaches and beautiful gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park. Top sights around the area include Victoria Mansion, Portland Museum of Art, and Children's Museum of Maine.
- You'll find 425 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Portland
- The closest major airport is in Portland, ME (PWM-Portland Intl. Jetport), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Old Orchard Beach
Favorite places to visit in the city include Harmon Historical Museum, Old Orchard Beach Pier, and Dunegrass Golf Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find Victoria Mansion and Portland Museum of Art.
In Old Orchard Beach, you'll find 103 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Sandpiper Beachfront Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Edgewater - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this motel. This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Echo Motel & Oceanfront Cottages - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Children's Museum of Maine, located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Portland Head Light, which is 11.1 mi/17.9 km away.
Getting Around Old Orchard Beach
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Old Orchard Beach Station. Old Orchard Beach might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Old Orchard Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 15°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Old Orchard Beach is 47.32 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 15°F