Visitors to Pharr are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, theaters, and churches. Top sights around the area include International Museum of Art and Science, McAllen Botanical Gardens, and Museum of South Texas History.
- You'll find 96 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of McAllen
- The closest major airport is in McAllen, TX (MFE-Miller Intl.), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reynosa, Tamaulipas (REX-General Lucio Blanco Intl.), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pharr
A favorite place to visit in the city is Smitty's Juke Box Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find International Museum of Art and Science and McAllen Botanical Gardens.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Pharr. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Pharr - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Pharr - Rio Grande Valley - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pharr - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Museum of South Texas History, located 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the city center, and Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, which is 8 mi/12.9 km away.
Dressing for Pharr
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 96°F, while the average at night is 62°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 98°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Average annual rainfall for Pharr is 19.45 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 96°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 50°F