Visitors can enjoy all that Rothesay has to offer including the waterfront and monuments. The welcoming and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Benmore Botanic Garden.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Rothesay
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rothesay
The city is notable for landmarks like Rothesay Castle, Victorian Toilets, and Ascog Fernery and Garden. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Rothesay Ferry Terminal is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mount Stuart and St Blane's Chapel.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Rothesay. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- St. Ebba B&B - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room iPod dock. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and room size.
- The Bayview Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Ardyne Guest House - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and walkable location.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Benmore Botanic Garden, located 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Rothesay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Rothesay each year
- August and June are usually the hottest months averaging 64°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F