Travelers to Sanford will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Alamosa, CO (ALS-San Luis Valley Regional), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sanford
Places to visit in the larger region include Jack Dempsey Museum and Birthplace, Alamosa Recreation Center, and Antonito Town Park. You'll also find Manassa Town Hall and Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad in the area.
As you plan your trip to Sanford, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 16 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Rodeway Inn is 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from the center of Sanford. This 2.5-star hotel in Alamosa features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Alamosa is located 15.1 mi (24.4 km) from the heart of Sanford. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Alamosa can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamosa is 15.5 mi (25 km) from central Sanford. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Alamosa can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Sanford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and -2°F at night
- Sanford gets about 5.67 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 0°F