Visiting Fort Garland
Visitors can enjoy all that Fort Garland has to offer including its forests. This city also attracts tourists with its tucked away and relaxing setting.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Fort Garland
- The closest major airport is in Alamosa, CO (ALS-San Luis Valley Regional), 23.7 mi (38.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Garland
Zapata Falls is one of the places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Mountain View Motor Inn - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour business center, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
Dressing for Fort Garland
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be -2°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 21°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and -2°F at night
- Fort Garland gets about 6.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 3°F