Sarnia Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 5 inexpensive motels in Sarnia among more than 22 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Fun fact: Starting in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. At many motels, you're likely to find an outdoor pool and a free parking spot.
Below are some of Expedia customers' best-rated Sarnia motels to select from:
Palace Inn Motel
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a refrigerator.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
East Court Motel
- Enjoy access to the picnic area, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Sarnia
Those who've visited Sarnia like the riverfront. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- Canatara Beach and Park
- Lake Huron
Some landmarks to see in the area include:
- The Great Lakes Maritime Center
- Fort Gratiot Lighthouse
- Blue Water Bridge
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- RBC Centre
- Lambton Mall
- Bayside Mall
Sarnia is also notable for its:
- University life
- Historical sites
- Casino gaming
- Bird watching
Best Time to Visit Sarnia
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Sarnia by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 47° F and nighttime temperatures average 16° F
- April-June: 77° F is the daytime average and 31° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 79° F and nighttime averages are around 46° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 64° F during the day and 19° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.22 inches in a year
How to Get to Sarnia and Around the Area
|Sarnia, ON (YZR-Chris Hadfield) ||Airport ||1.9 mi (3.1 km) |
|Sarnia Station ||Train Station ||3.2 mi (5.2 km) |