Families will find kid-friendly activities in Stockton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and fun sporting events. Scenic and vibrant, this city will delight tourists with its theaters, entertainment choices, and live music.
- There are 98 hotels and other accommodations in Stockton
- The closest major airport is in Stockton, CA (SCK-Stockton Municipal), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Modesto, CA (MOD-Modesto City - County), 28.7 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stockton
The city is well known for its theaters and live music, and cultural venues include Bob Hope Theater, Stockton Memorial Civic Auditorium, and Children's Museum of Stockton. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lodi Lake Park, Kofu Park, and Isenberg Crane Reserve. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Tracy Outlets, West Valley Mall, and Promenade Shops at Orchard Valley.
In Stockton, you'll find 98 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bordeaux Inn Lodi - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Wine & Roses Hotel Restaurant Spa - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lodi - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting Around Stockton
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Stockton-Robert J. Cabral Station, Stockton-San Joaquin Street Station, or Stockton ACE Station. Stockton might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Stockton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Stockton gets about 17.36 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F