Travelers to Vail give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and riverfront. The quaint and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the city include Vail Ski Resort, Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, and Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater.
- There are 774 hotels and other accommodations in Vail
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vail
Cultural venues in the city include Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, Cogswell Gallery, and Colorado Ski and Snowboard Museum. The mountain views, hiking trails, and riverfront exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Betty Ford Alpine Gardens and Booth Falls Trailhead. Skiing, snowboarding, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Vail Ski Resort.
In Vail, there are 774 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton Club, Vail - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Vail Resorts' Legendary Lodging at Ritz-Carlton Residences - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Four Seasons Resort Vail - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Beaver Creek Resort, located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the city center, and Copper Mountain Ski Resort, which is 15.4 mi/24.8 km away.
Dressing for Vail
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be -2°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and -1°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vail is 12.01 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°F