Top hotels in Costa Rica
With 25% of its land marked as either a protected area or national park, Costa Rica is home to a wide range of flora and fauna, from the seas to the mountains. As a hotbed for eco-friendly travel, it aims to be the first carbon-neutral country.
But Costa Rica is also home to some of the best hotels in the world. Expedia recently announced the 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels with eight hotels in Costa Rica falling into this category. This is based on 150,000 properties with a final list that includes the top 650. When developing this list of the best hotels in the world, Expedia took into consideration a combination of guest reviews, Expedia’s hotel expertise, and overall value.
1. Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort (Hotel Rank: #2). This Manuel Antonio beachfront resort features a stylish, full-service spa and two restaurants. It is near the Finca Naturales Wildlife Refuge, ADR Adventure Park, and Manuel Antonio Beach.
2. Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens (Hotel Rank: #104). A family-friendly hotel in Fortuna, Nayara's guest rooms have furnished lanais with a choice of mountain, courtyard, or garden view. Guests can enjoy jetted bathtubs, a full-service spa in the rainforest, and a wine bar featuring Latin American and Spanish vintages.
3. Hotel Grano de Oro (Hotel Rank: #360). This 4-star hotel in San Jose is Victorian in style and located within the arts and culture hub of the city. It is near the Museum of Costa Rican Art, National Theater, Jade Museum, Gold Museum, and the Spirogyra Butterfly Garden. The hotel features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a spa tub.
4. Hotel El Silencio del Campo (Hotel Rank: #379). This mountain hotel in Fortuna has two outdoor swimming pools that include a poolside bar. It's located near Baldi Hot Springs, Ecotermales Fortuna, Ecoglide Arenal Park, and Arenal Natura Ecological Park. Guest rooms have balconies with beautiful garden views.
5. Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica (Hotel Rank: #400). Aside from having two private beaches, this family-friendly resort in Papagayo features four swimming pools, including a kids pool. Other deluxe facilities include a full-service spa and an 18-hole golf course. Guest rooms have furnished verandas or terraces with spectacular ocean views.
6. Studio Hotel (Hotel Rank: #411). A 4-star hotel in the center of Santa Ana, this is located within business and shopping areas. It exudes a romantic ambiance and offers an outdoor pool, a poolside bar, two restaurants, and a conference center. Guest rooms are provided with washers/dryers and the bathrooms are equipped with rainfall shower heads.
7. Gaia Hotel And Reserve (Hotel Rank: #420). This 5-star hotel in Manuel Antonio is built in an art deco-style. It's located near ADR Adventure Park and other local attractions, such as Finca Naturales Wildlife Refuge, Manuel Antonio Beach, and Manuel Antonio National Park. It has two outdoor swimming pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant.
8. The Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio (Hotel Rank: #466). This resort is near the Finca Naturales Wildlife Refuge and is also close to the ADR Adventure Park, Manuel Antonio National Park, and Manuel Antonio Beach. It has an outdoor pool and a spa tub. Rooms open to balconies with views of the garden.
Hotel photo images courtesy of Studio Hotel.
More Articles With Beach
Experiencing Mexico’s Caribbean coast