Nothing rejuvenates the mind like a quick trip into nature. Treat yourself to some time at Alta Rock Carvings.
To arrive there, you'll have to travel 780 miles away from the nation's capital, Oslo, and into an area called Alta.
It's only about 6 miles to the Alta Rock Carvings if you stay at one of the 4 hotels available in the immediate vicinity. Some good choices are the Scandic Alta and Thon Hotel Alta.
Other Places to Visit near Alta Rock Carvings
After you're done with Alta Rock Carvings, you should take a look at what the rest of this area can offer you:
- If you and your family are curious about archaeology, then the Alta Museum is the ideal place for you to discover unique artifacts and the rituals and behaviors of a time long gone.
- While we don't hold the answers to humanity's burning queries, you might be able to figure them out at Alta Church, one of the most well-known places of worship in the region.
- An unmistakable building, Kafjord Church is an iconic part of the landscape. This place of worship plays an important role in the social and religious way of life of the destination.
- As you explore this destination, remember to go to see Northern Lights Cathedral, a notable cathedral in this area.
- Splash in the water, enjoy some family time and take in the lively vibes at Nordlysbadet.