Visiting Avila Beach
Travelers to Avila Beach give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its cafés and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, Morro Bay State Park, and Morro Rock.
- You'll find 738 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), 25.1 mi (40.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Avila Beach
Hiking, biking, and golfing are top activities, while sights to visit include Avila Beach Golf Resort. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Avila Beach Community Center and Central Coast Aquarium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Avila Beach. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Avila La Fonda Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a sauna, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Avila Village Inn - Our customers like the quiet location and clean rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Avila Lighthouse Suites - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, located 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center, and Morro Bay State Park, which is 12.7 mi (20.4 km) away.
Dressing for Avila Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.75 inches of rain falls on Avila Beach each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F