Visitors can enjoy all that Balikpapan has to offer including the safari tours and soccer matches. In Balikpapan, there are 101 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Balikpapan (BPN-Sepinggan Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Balikpapan
The city's natural beauty is on display at Kemala Beach, Samboja Lestari, and Sun Bear Sanctuary. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are E Walk and Plaza Balikpapan.
In Balikpapan, you'll be able to select from 101 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Grand Tjokro Balikpapan - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Swiss-Belhotel Balikpapan - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Swiss-Belinn Balikpapan - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free valet parking.
Dressing for Balikpapan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 76°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 77°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 76°F as the nighttime average
- Balikpapan gets about 2.48 inches of rain per year
- April and November are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while March and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 76°F