Visiting Banner Elk
Travelers to Banner Elk give high marks for the magnificent mountain views and ski areas. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and riverfront.
- You'll find 550 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boone
- The closest major airport is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 37.1 mi (59.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Abingdon, VA (VJI-Virginia Highlands), 37.1 mi (59.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Banner Elk
The mountain views, riverfront, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Buckeye Recreational Center, Grandfather Trout Farm, and Pisgah National Forest are worth a visit. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Beech Mountain Resort, Sugar Mountain Resort, and Hawksnest Tubing Park are favorite sights to visit. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Lees-McRae College is worth a campus tour.
In Banner Elk, you'll be able to select from 254 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Lodge at River Run - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable beds.
- Bluegreen Vacations Blue Ridge Village an Ascend Resort - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this resort. This 3-star resort features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Valle Crucis Farm - Amenities at this 2-star cabin include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Banner Elk
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- About 52.64 inches of rain falls on Banner Elk each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F