Visitors to Beaufort are sure to enjoy the waterfront and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, theaters, and live music.
- There are 451 hotels and other accommodations in Beaufort
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 37.5 mi (60.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Beaufort
Cultural venues in the city include Parris Island Museum, Penn Center, and Beaufort Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hunting Island Lighthouse, Chapel of Ease, and Old Sheldon Church Ruins. The city's natural beauty is on display at Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park, The Sands, and Hunting Island State Park.
In Beaufort, there are 451 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- North Street Inn - Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Historic District can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Cuthbert House Inn - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Downtown can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Beaufort Inn - This 3.5-star hotel in Historic Downtown features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Coligny Beach, located 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from the city center, and Sea Pines Forest Preserve, which is 20.7 mi/33.3 km away.
Getting Around Beaufort
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Yemassee Station. Beaufort might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Beaufort
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Average annual rainfall for Beaufort is 47.84 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F