History buffs will enjoy exploring Bedford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Quaint and rural, this city will delight tourists with its festivals, coffeehouses, and spas.
- You'll find 66 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johnstown
- The closest major airport is in Altoona, PA (AOO-Blair County), 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Johnstown, PA (JST-John Murtha Johnstown - Cambria County), 27.2 mi (43.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bedford
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Fort Bedford Museum and National Museum of the American Coverlet. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bedford Speedway and The Coffee Pot.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Bedford. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Omni Bedford Springs Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Bedford - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Bedford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 35.59 inches of rain falls on Bedford each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 21°F