Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Somerset, which is also known for its monuments and ski areas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and museums.
- You'll find 66 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johnstown
- The closest major airport is in Johnstown, PA (JST-John Murtha Johnstown - Cambria County), 25.1 mi (40.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional), 25.1 mi (40.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Somerset
The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Somerset Historical Center and Quecreek Mine Rescue Site. The city's natural beauty is on display at Somerset County Memorial Park, Laurel Hill State Park, and Kooser State Park. Additionally, you might want to add Glades Pike Winery to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Somerset. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Quill Haven Country Inn Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Somerset - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Somerset - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Somerset
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Somerset is 48.94 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F