Visiting Bent Mountain
Visitors to Bent Mountain are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include Mill Mountain Zoo, Mill Mountain Star, and Virginia Museum of Transportation.
- There are 108 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Roanoke, VA (ROA-Roanoke Regional), 14.8 mi (23.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bent Mountain
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Mill Mountain Zoo, Mill Mountain Star, and Virginia Museum of Transportation. Additionally, in the area you'll find Harrison Museum of African-American Culture and Center in the Square.
As you plan your vacation to Bent Mountain, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 13 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Hotel Roanoke & Conference Ctr, Curio Collection by Hilton is 13.6 mi (22 km) from central Bent Mountain. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Roanoke can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Roanoke, VA is located 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the heart of Bent Mountain. This 3-star hotel in Hollins features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Inn At Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center is 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the center of Bent Mountain. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Blacksburg can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Science Museum of Western Virginia, located 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Bent Mountain
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Bent Mountain gets about 37.28 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 23°F