Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lynchburg, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, museums, and monuments. Top sights in the city include George Washington National Forest and Jefferson National Forest.
- There are 84 hotels and other accommodations in Lynchburg
- The closest major airport is in Lynchburg, VA (LYH-Lynchburg Regional), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Roanoke, VA (ROA-Roanoke Regional), 46.1 mi (74.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lynchburg
Cultural venues in the city include Lynchburg Museum, Amazement Square, and Miller Center. Families come for attractions such as LaHaye Ice Center, Putt-Putt Fun Center, and A Goode View Alpaca Farm. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest, National D-Day Memorial, and McLean House.
In Lynchburg, there are 84 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Babcock House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Craddock Terry Hotel and Event Center - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Central Business District features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Affordable Corporate Suites - Lynchburg - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Lynchburg include George Washington National Forest and Jefferson National Forest.
Getting Around Lynchburg
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Lynchburg-Kemper Street Station. Lynchburg might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lynchburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Lynchburg gets about 41.61 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 26°F