Travelers to Boulder give high marks for the shopping, magnificent mountain views, and college vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours, live music, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Folsom Field, Chautauqua Park, and National Center for Atmospheric Research.
- There are 209 hotels and other accommodations in Boulder
- The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (DEN-Denver Intl.), 33 mi (53.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Boulder
The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Chautauqua Park, Boulder Fish Observatory, and Valmont City Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Twenty Ninth Street, Pearl Street Mall, and Flatiron Crossing. Top activities include taking local tours and biking, while North Boulder Park is one place to visit.
In Boulder, you'll be able to select from 209 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Niwot Inn & Spa - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Bradley Boulder Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a 24-hour business center.
- Berthoud Inn & Events - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Other top sights in Boulder include Folsom Field and National Center for Atmospheric Research. Popular places to visit outside the city include Coors Brewery, located 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from the city center, and Denver's Downtown Aquarium, which is 22.5 mi/36.3 km away.
Dressing for Boulder
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- About 20.67 inches of rain falls on Boulder each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F