Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jun 20, 2019
Visitors can enjoy all that Bridgend has to offer including the golf courses, parks, and theaters. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and quaint setting. Museum of Welsh Life, Castell Coch, and Llandaff Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 285 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Swansea (SWS), 22 mi (35.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bridgend
Museum of Welsh Life, Castell Coch, and Llandaff Cathedral are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Dylan Thomas Centre and Principality Stadium.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Bridgend. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ewenny Farm Guesthouse - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Hazelwood Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Court Colman Manor - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Cardiff Castle, 17.3 mi/27.8 km from the city center, and National Museum Wales, which is 17.4 mi (28 km) away.
Getting Around Bridgend
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Bridgend Station, Wildmill Station, or Sarn Station. Bridgend might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Bridgend
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Bridgend gets about 37.68 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F