We have had a dream for 5 years to build a unique lodging experience amongst the beauty of Mother Nature. Canopy Treesort is a low impact, low energy consumption, mostly off grid half treehouse glam camp on 12 gorgeous acres.
We have recently finished our first tree deck and sleep pods. Our pods are hand crafted with 10 foot Western Cedar boards and are 84 inches around with a huge floor to ceiling dome shaped window at one end. They are 10 feet long and can be made to sleep many different ways. The two internal benches fold down into twin beds that equal a king (see pictures). The pods are outfitted with built in fresh air fan, small but ample heating device, two 6 inch memory foam antimicrobial covered mattress, closet, shelves, and LED lighting. The front doors are reclaimed wood with big open windows. Our sleep pods are pushed to the edge of the deck so our guests can experience what is going on below them, the view to sand mountain and upward to the stars at night. You have never had a sleeping experience like this! Please bring your own sheets or sleeping bag if wanted but beds are made for you. The antimicrobial mattress covers and all bedding are washed after each stay in 165 degree water.
Our 30 x 20 foot deck houses is attached to and American Birch and White Oak with Tree Attachment Bolts that hold over 7000 pounds each. The trees move and the deck stays in place! Crazy to see from inside the pod. The deck houses 2 sleep pods with a beautiful open to the sky living room that boasts a propane gas fireplace coffee table. Half of the deck is covered for many essential reasons. Our roof provides not only protection from inclement weather but gives us the rain water we drink, bathe and use for everything. The water is kept in an ANSI/NSF 61 Compliant food-grade FDA approved virgin polyester resin 1200 gallon container. Before it hits your lips or body it runs through 3 filters (20 micron to carbon block to 1 micron!) and a UV light that kills any possible bacteria. This has been shown to be more clean than city or well water. Try for your self!
30 Amp electrical service is run to our sleep pods and deck. There are plenty of outlets to charge or run whatever you need. Our fixtures and equipment run off low voltage and are extremely efficient. We have plans to run everything off solar but the trees are just to pretty to cut down! "Soon come" as we say in the Virgin Islands.
Under our roof you will find a kitchenette with mid sized fridge, butane stove top, griddle, grill and small sink. Our grill, stove top and hot water heater are all run by propane. Under our tree decks is an outdoor (yet protected) hot water shower and water saving toilet.
Watch the hand gliders fly by as you lookout over breath taking Chattanooga Valley and Sand Mountain. Some of the most amazing sunsets I have witnessed. Just look at the pictures!
Parking for 2 vehicles. We suggest 4 wheel drive if you can. If not we suggest front wheel drive. See video and pictures.
Come check out Canopy Treesort where "We have you covered"!
Good day and welcome to Canopy Treesort!
Our focus is on a low impact lodging experience with a connection to the outdoors. A treehouse glam camp of sorts. All the modern amenities you want day to day but the experience of living out doors with mother nature.
Please note the following information & policies:
• We are located at 1101 Burkhalter Gap Rd. Rising Fawn or WildWood, GA about half way down or up the mountain. We are across the street from Scenic View Log Cabins but further DOWN the mountain. It is a hidden driveway with an oversized black mailbox and a Canopy sign at the entrance.
• I have to be honest; my wife Crystal is an OCD clean and organizational freak. We wash, disinfect and refresh all items on, in and around the treedeck after every check-out. We practice VRBO safe cleaning by wearing masks and gloves as we go.
• If you have a 4 wheeled vehicle please go down the driveway and park to the right after the work shed parking and / or on the road just in front of the path to the treedeck. If you don’t have a 4-wheel drive vehicle we suggest parking at the top of the hill on the opposite side of the mailbox. Leave enough room for your campmates to pull out if needed.
• Our path to the treedeck is all natural so watch for some tricky footing! This is an outdoor experience so there are no groomed walkways, hand rails or paved areas. Please be careful!
• No leaning, sitting or touching the clear bubble dome at the end of your sleep pod.
• No rough housing in the sleep pod. There are 12 acres to play in!
• There is plenty of electrical outlets in the pod for all your charging needs.
o Our fan is always plugged in. You can turn on the fan by pressing the power button on the mini control. You will need to open the fan door on the outside of the sleep pod first! Its like a bike kick stand.
o Our mini heater uses only 350 watts and does the job nicely. If you find it still chilly please let us know and we can arrange for a larger heater.
• Please be conscious of water usage! We figure no more than 50 gallons per day per person should be consumed (85 national average). If you can keep your shower to 4-5 water pump cycles (you will hear it) it would be great. Please use only the left water saving flush button on the toilet. If its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down!
o The shower is heated by liquid propane and turns on and off with the switch on the shower head handle. It can stick a bit. Also the temperature can fluctuate as the pump goes through its cycle. Start cool and work your way.
o Our rain catchment water goes through three filters and a UV light before it hits your lips, body or dishes. I drink the water every day and love it!
o If you hear the water pump kick on and you or your fellow guests are not using any water please call us immediately!
• The hot water shower, grill and coffee table fire pit are run by liquid propane. We have back up containers in multiple places around the treedeck if the need to change them arises.
• There is a light switch for the bathroom on the post of the tree deck just before you walk down the slope to the bathroom. This is in place to assist during mid-night toilet usage and as needed.
• The Treedeck is attached to the large trees on either side with specialized attachment bolts. When the wind whips up the trees move but the deck stays in place. This results in a moaning and slight vibration where the metal plates slide over the bolts. It is totally natural and part of the Treehouse / deck experience. There is WD40 beside them if you would like to quite them down.
• Feel free to gather your own fire wood from the property. Please use the provided steal fire pit only and note the fire extinguisher in the kitchen cabinet.
• Our kitchen is basic but has everything you need. Coffee pot, ample fridge space, gas grill, butane camp stove and flat top. Butane cans and replacements are provided. The sink is small on purpose. It provides drinking water, water for brushing your teeth and a place to wash your dishes. It is not a hot water unit as of now.
o The storage island allows more space for you to prepare your meals and place things as you set up. The large storage containers underneath is for dry food, clothes and other storage needs.
• Please take trash with you or place in the grey trash bin by the work shed at the first parking spot on the right as you come in. No littering or tampering with living things (including trees) on property.
• There are natural walking paths all over the property. Our property boundaries are marked by orange and blue ribbon / paint. Please disregard all other markers. Feel free to walk about! All kinds of wildlife are out there! Remember walking back up is much more difficult than walking down. Look for snakes, we have Copperheads and Western Rattlers in the area.
• The Canopy of trees keeps the property cool during the day and a bit chilly in the morning. We suggest getting out for a hike, bike or climb early in the morning and enjoying the sunset from the treedeck.
o I highly suggest taking the 3-minute drive up the mountain to the Brow next to the hand gliding around sunset to catch something magical. I like to tote a pizza and a few beers with me.
• Lookout Mountain Pizza Co. is a great pie but for convenience Petro South (about 7 minutes away) has a good chicken bacon ranch pizza and a great beer selection. You wouldn’t think it by looking at it.
o Trenton is less than 10 minutes down the mountain where I shop for food at ingles. There is mostly fast food in Trenton but Los Amigos Mexican is some of the best Mexican I have had. The other Mexican joint isn’t bad either. We do eat Thatcher’s BBQ as well.
• Canopy is in a constant state of progression towards more unique sleeping arrangements. At this time there is only one tree deck but more are on the way. They will be spaced out as to preserve the privacy and setting.
• Your feed back is much appreciated! Please let us know how we can improve future stays.
Feel free to text with questions. I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.
Please enjoy your stay!!
Ched & Crystal Sharpless
Owner / Operators