Visiting Central Slovakia
Visitors can enjoy all that Central Slovakia has to offer including the archaeological sites and volcano viewpoints. This city also attracts tourists with its countryside setting.
- There are 200 hotels and other accommodations in Central Slovakia
- The closest major airport is in Poprad (TAT-Poprad - Tatry), 44.2 mi (71.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Zilina (ILZ), 45.5 mi (73.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Central Slovakia
Cultural venues in the city include Habakuky, Liptov Village Museum Pribylina, and Martin Skanzen. Attractions like Thermal Park Bešeňová and Donovalkovo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Haličský zámok, Orava Castle, and Kremnica Castle.
In Central Slovakia, there are 200 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Wellness Hotel Chopok - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hotel Tri Studničky – Adult friendly hotel - Our customers like the pool and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Encián - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Central Slovakia
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Brusno Kupele Station, Slovenska Lupca Station, or Podbrezova Station. Central Slovakia might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Central Slovakia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Central Slovakia is 0.94 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F