This listing is for the entire main lakehouse exclusively (on the left when driving up). There is a secluded country guesthouse across the driveway behind a fence that sleeps 6 (on the right when driving up) on the property that is a rental as well (Ask us about renting it too!).
Located on 4 acres of land that is adjacent to Lake Oroville, the lakehouse has an enormous main bedroom with a king bed, bunk beds, TV, and en suite bathroom, a second bedroom that has two twin beds, and plenty of space for air mattresses which are provided. There are also several indoor and outdoor child toys and play areas.
The kitchen is fully stocked and has a beautiful custom-made island for eating, working or playing games, which we have over 30 to choose from. This is our vacation home, so we essentially have everything that you can imagine, including an espresso/coffee machine with beans and grinder, Vitamix blender, and food processor to name a few. We also have nearly every dry spice you can think of, and regularly have oils to use.
The living area provides an inviting area to spend time with family, and a large comfy L-shaped sectional couch to kickback near the fireplace and read a book, watch the TV, or gaze at the beautiful property.
For those that want to work remotely, in the master bedroom, there is a desk area with a printer, and the WiFi is *rated* for 200MB download and 20MB upload (speeds may vary, especially during wind or rain, since it is satellite wifi).
The enormous deck offers plenty of space for grilling, entertaining and watching wildlife, with a lovely large teak outdoor table, and four lounge chairs to catch some rays or gaze at the stars at night.
Some key highlights to consider:
- The house and patio are private. The property is shared between the guests of the houses and otherwise on the property.
- THERE IS NO DIRECT ACCESS TO THE LAKE FOR SWIMMING, the property is on a steep decline into the lake, guarded by trees and rocks.
- The refrigerator and freezer will be emptied, but we have a full array of dry seasonings and spices to cook with.
- This is a cabin with a septic system, so there are times that the guest bathroom has an odor when it is unused. Running water through the sink, shower and flushing the toilets helps eliminate it.
- Specifically for large towels, we provide one large towel per person, so 8 total for 8 guests, in order to reduce cleaning costs.
- We have brand new split units (wall units) in the living room and master bedroom, a portable AC/Heat unit (can be a bit on the louder side) set up in the guest bedroom, a fireplace in the living room, and space heaters for the bathrooms, for your comfort.
- We have 2 TVs setup on guest mode, which you can log into any of your streaming subscriptions.
- The water and ice dispenser on the outside of the refrigerator does not work, but the faucet water is safe to drink, and there is ice in the freezer.
- Currently, the lake level is low and not visible from the deck, but can be seen from the edge of the property.
- We have two security cameras on-site, both are outside. One faces the front of the house, and the second is near the “Store” monitoring the backyard. They are on, but only trigger by extreme motion, such as cars driving through.
The house is located about 30 minutes southeast of Chico off of highway 70. There is about 0.5 miles of a non-lighted, gravel road leading to the driveway that can be easily navigated by all types of cars. The property offers plenty of space for parking several vehicles, including oversized vehicles such as RVs.
The house is equipped with a smart lock to allow hassle free check-in and easy access for all guests.
The roads once you get off of the 70 highway heading into our property (Truex and Trevor) and all of the properties on them are private, and our neighbors are quite protective about that (you’ll see the signs), so please limit traveling on them to getting in and out of the property only.