Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cortland, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its festivals, sporting events, and ski areas.
- You'll find 85 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ithaca
- The closest major airport is in Cortland, NY (CTX-Cortland County), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ithaca, NY (ITH-Tompkins Regional), 15.8 mi (25.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cortland
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like 1890 House Museum and Central New York Living History Center. Favorite family attractions include Cortland Country Music Park and Campground and Cascades Indoor Waterpark. The university setting is a highlight of the city and State University of New York-Cortland is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Cortland. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cortland, NY - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Hampton Inn Cortland - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Dressing for Cortland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.72 inches of rain falls on Cortland each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F