Visitors can enjoy all that Cotonou has to offer including the cathedral, monuments, and architecture. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, museums, and sporting events.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Cotonou
- The closest major airport is in Cotonou (COO-Cadjehoun), 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cotonou
Notable city landmarks like Cotonou Cathedral and Cotonou Central Mosque might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fidjrosse Beach and Artisanal Center.
In Cotonou, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Maison Rouge - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Bénin Royal Hôtel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Golden Tulip Le Diplomate Cotonou - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Cotonou
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 75°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 76°F
- Average annual rainfall for Cotonou is 51.76 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 75°F