Find Hotels in Dublin
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Dublin
City Centre Dublin
4.5/5Wonderful!(4,144 area reviews)
O'Connell Street and Dublin Castle are a few top attractions in City Centre Dublin. Hop around the city on the metro at Jervis Station or Abbey Street Station and check out the area's fantastic nightlife, fascinating museums, and great live music.
4.5/5Wonderful!(147 area reviews)
Wander down medieval-style alleys lined with pubs, shops and galleries, then have a pint, listen to music or party.
4.5/5Wonderful!(250 area reviews)
Ballsbridge is known for its fantastic nightlife, and with sights like Aviva Stadium and Dublin Port, you won't get bored spending a day wandering around this part of Sandymount.
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Kilmainham is popular for its abundant dining options, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Kilmainham Gaol Historical Museum or War Memorial Gardens.
If you're spending time in The Liberties, check out sights like Guinness Storehouse or Christ Church Cathedral and hop on the metro to see more the city at James's Station or Heuston Station.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Dublin, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, fascinating museums, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours, live music, and art. Top sights in the city include Dublin Tourism Centre, The Book of Kells, and Brown Thomas Flagship Store.
- There are 1435 hotels and other accommodations in Dublin
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dublin
Known for its museums, live music, and art, the city's cultural venues include The Book of Kells, Gaiety Theatre, and National Museum of Natural History. Attractions like Croke Park, Dublin Zoo, and National Aquatic Centre are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Ha' Penny Bridge, O'Connell Bridge, and The Spire.
In Dublin, you'll find 1435 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Evergreen B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Wilder - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in City Centre Dublin features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Merrion - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in City Centre Dublin can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other favorite sights in Dublin include Dublin Tourism Centre, Brown Thomas Flagship Store, and Grafton Street. Outside the city, popular places to see include Tayto Park, 16 mi/25.8 km from the heart of the city, and Hill of Tara, which is 21.8 mi (35.1 km) away.
Getting Around Dublin
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Dublin is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Jervis Station, Abbey Street Station, and St. Stephen's Green Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Dublin Tara Street Station, Dublin Pearse Street Station, or Dublin Connolly Station.
Dressing for Dublin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 29.88 inches of rain falls on Dublin each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Dublin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Dublin, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Dublin?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Dublin?
What's the best place to stay in City Centre Dublin?
What's a favorite place to stay in Ballsbridge?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Dublin?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation in Dublin?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Dublin?
What's the best hotel to stay with easy access to 3Arena?
What about the best place to stay near Dublin Port?
Recent reviews of Dublin hotels
More trip options
- Dublin Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Dublin Airports
- Hotels in Dublin Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Dublin Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Dublin
- More Hotel Options in Dublin
- Dublin Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Ireland
- Other Hotels near Dublin, Ireland
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends