Find Cheap Hostels in Durban
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Durban
Other property types in Durban
Curiocity Durban - Hostel
Reviewed on Feb 21, 2020
The Blue Waters Hotel
Reviewed on Mar 13, 2020
Bayside Hotel 100
Reviewed on Mar 14, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for somewhere affordable to stay in Durban, a hostel in town could be a great choice. These dorm-style accommodations come in lots of forms, but they all have three main things in common:
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social environment
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
By choosing a hostel in Durban, you can reduce your spending on lodging and set aside more of your budget for fun things to do during your trip. We've heard good things about this destination's natural setting, including its beaches and sea views.
Hostels in Durban
You might be curious, what are some popular hostels in Durban? According to reviews from our guests, these have the highest ratings:
Curiocity Durban - Hostel - Located within a 20-minute walk of Sahara Stadium Kingsmead. Guests can enjoy free continental breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar.
Gibela Backpackers Lodge Durban - You can take advantage of free breakfast and free WiFi, as well as free parking. Rooms come with showers.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Durban?
Good weather's always better when you want to venture out and explore, so here's some information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and June are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 80° F and nighttime temperatures average 65° F
- April-June: 78° F is the daytime average and 51° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 73° F and nighttime averages are around 51° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 79° F during the day and 60° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.10 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Durban?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might enjoy these places:Top Sights
- Sahara Stadium Kingsmead
- UShaka Marine World
- The Old Fort
- Durban Botanical Gardens
- West Ridge Park Tennis Stadium
- Durban Art Gallery
- Durban Natural Science Museum
- Natal Museum
In general, Durban is known for its:
- Casino gaming
- Cultural attractions
- Theme parks
- Shark viewing
How to Get to Durban and Around the Area
You'll find the closest airport in Durban (DUR-King Shaka Intl.), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) away from the city center.