Families will find kid-friendly activities in Emeryville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and entertainment choices. Welcoming and vibrant, this city will delight tourists with its cafés, university setting, and waterfront. Top sights around the area include Pier 39, Alcatraz Island, and Lombard Street.
- You'll find 200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oakland
- The closest major airport is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 15.5 mi (25 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Emeryville
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Public Market Emeryville and Bay Street. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Emeryville Marina and San Francisco Bay.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Emeryville. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and overall condition.
- HYATT house Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Emeryville - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Pier 39, located 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the city center, and Alcatraz Island, which is 7.1 mi/11.4 km away.
Getting Around Emeryville
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Emeryville is easy. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Emeryville Station. You can find out about your options for water transportation at the local marina.
Dressing for Emeryville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 26.22 inches of rain falls on Emeryville each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F