Families will find kid-friendly activities in Fayetteville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights in the city include Fort Bragg, Crown Center, and Cross Creek Mall.
- There are 90 hotels and other accommodations in Fayetteville
- The closest major airport is in Fayetteville, NC (FAY-Fayetteville Regional), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fayetteville
Cultural venues in the city include Fayetteville Transportation Museum, Airborne and Special Ops museum, and General William C. Lee Airborne Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Cross Creek Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Other notable sights to explore include Fort Bragg and Crown Center.
In Fayetteville, there are 90 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Benson - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Embassy Suites Fayetteville/Fort Bragg - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Terry Sanford features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Hampton Inn Spring Lake Fayetteville - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Pine Forest can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Fayetteville
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Fayetteville Station. Fayetteville might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Fayetteville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Fayetteville is 45.35 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 32°F