Visitors can enjoy all that Haridwar has to offer including the temples and safari tours. This city also attracts tourists with its culturally-rich and tucked away setting. Top sights in the city include Har Ki Pauri, Piran Kaliyar Sharif Dargah, and Parmarth Niketan.
- You'll find 166 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Haridwar District
- The closest major airport is in Dehradun (DED-Jolly Grant), 20.8 mi (33.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Haridwar
The city is notable for landmarks like Har Ki Pauri, Piran Kaliyar Sharif Dargah, and Parmarth Niketan. The picturesque setting of Solani Park and Patna Waterfall exemplify the city's natural beauty. Other notable sights to explore include Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula.
In Haridwar, you'll be able to select from 327 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- GANGA KINARE by Holywater Hotels - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Haveli Hari Ganga - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and spa services, along with free WiFi.
- Dewa Retreat- A Himalayan Boutique Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Rajaji National Park, 11.7 mi/18.8 km from the city center.
Getting Around Haridwar
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Haridwar Junction Railway Station. Haridwar may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Haridwar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 92°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 105°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 99°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 94°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Haridwar gets about 30.71 inches of rain per year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 102°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F