Visiting Huntington Beach
Travelers to Huntington Beach give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights in the city include Huntington State Beach and Huntington Beach Pier.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in Huntington Beach
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Long Beach, CA (LGB-Long Beach Municipal), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Huntington Beach
The city's cultural venues include Huntington Beach Art Center and International Surfing Museum. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Huntington State Beach, Shipley Nature Center, and Huntington Central Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Main Street, Pacific City, and Bella Terra.
In Huntington Beach, you'll find 74 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach - This 4-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Huntington Beach Orange County - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Kimpton Shorebreak Huntington Beach Resort - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Other top sights in Huntington Beach include Huntington Beach Pier. Outside the city, popular places to see include Disney California Adventure® Park, located 9.4 mi (15.2 km) from the city center, and Disneyland®, which is 9.5 mi/15.2 km away.
Dressing for Huntington Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 45°F at night
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Huntington Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 47°F