Visitors can enjoy all that Iwamizawa has to offer including the theme park and parks. Top sights around the area include Historical Museum of Hokkaido, Hidamari, and Moerenuma Park.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Iwamizawa
- The closest major airport is in Sapporo (OKD-Okadama), 21.5 mi (34.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sapporo (CTS-New Chitose), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Iwamizawa
A couple of favorite places to visit are Iwamizawa Park and Hokkaido Greenland. In the area, you'll also find Historical Museum of Hokkaido and Hidamari.
As you plan your trip to Iwamizawa, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 160 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- LOGHOTEL THE MAPLELODGE is located 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the heart of Iwamizawa. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Iwamizawa can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hokkaido Greenland Hotel Sunplaza is 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the center of Iwamizawa. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Iwamizawa can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- APA Hotel Sapporo Susukino-Ekimae is 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from central Iwamizawa. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Sapporo can enjoy access to self-service laundry and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Sapporo Beer Museum, located 22.9 mi (36.8 km) from the city center, and Sapporo JR Tower, which is 23.8 mi (38.3 km) away.
Dressing for Iwamizawa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 44°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Iwamizawa gets about 1.38 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 18°F