Visiting Janitzio Island
Travelers to Janitzio Island will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Uruapan, Michoacan (UPN-Licenciado y General Ignacio Lopez Rayon Intl.), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Morelia, Michoacan (MLM-General Francisco Mujica Intl.), 44.7 mi (71.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Janitzio Island
Places to visit in the larger region include Stirrup Hill Viewpoint, Gertrudis Bocanegra Square, and Basque of Quiroga Square. You'll also find Nuestra Senora de la Salud Basilica and Temple Sagrario in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Janitzio Island, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 30 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Best Western Plus Posada de Don Vasco is located within 3.9 mi (6.3 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Patzcuaro can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Mision Pátzcuaro Centro Histórico is located 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Patzcuaro can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Hotel Mansion de los Sueños is 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Patzcuaro can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Janitzio Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 48°F as the nighttime average
- Janitzio Island gets about 41.50 inches of rain per year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F