Visiting Lake Toxaway
Visitors to Lake Toxaway are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its mountain views.
- You'll find 278 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Highlands
- The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 30 mi (48.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.), 43.8 mi (70.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Toxaway
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Gorges State Park and Lake Jocassee. In the area, you'll also find Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute and Sapphire National Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Lake Toxaway. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Greystone Inn is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the city center. This 3.5-star hotel in Lake Toxaway features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Wolf Creek Lake Cabins - Oakview Cabin is 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star cabin in Lake Toxaway features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Our customers like its comfortable beds and walkable location.
- Charming 2 BR, 2 Bath Mountain Home in Secluded Lake Neighborhood is located within 1.4 mi (2.2 km) of the city center. This 3.5-star condo in Lake Toxaway features 10 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Lake Toxaway
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 53.43 inches of rain falls on Lake Toxaway each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 30°F