Visitors to Sapphire are sure to enjoy the mountain views and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, live music, and shopping.
- You'll find 274 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Highlands
- The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 34.1 mi (55 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.), 47.1 mi (75.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sapphire
The city's hiking trails, mountain views, and waterfalls provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Lake Jocassee. Additionally, you might want to add Sapphire National Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Sapphire. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Black Bear Lodge of Sapphire - Amenities at this 4-star cabin include free parking and an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and clean rooms.
- Brook Trout Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this lodge. With a stay at this 3.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers Sapphire Valley - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Sapphire
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Sapphire gets about 54.21 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F