Our unit is a privately owned hotel room located in the Kauai Beach Resort and Spa.
Beautiful second floor unit in building 4 (closest building to the ocean), with an unobstructed view of the ocean. King bed with chaise lounge. Only steps until your feet touch the sand!
The Kauai Beach Resort and Spa is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort located on 25 acres of lush Garden Isle, centrally located between Kauai’s south and north shores, making it perfect for your island adventures. Only minutes from the airport, Costco, Walmart and Shopping. You will go thru a tree canopy lined drive that leads to the resort. Several acres of beach front property to enjoy and explore. On property there are four swimming pools, complete with water falls, a poolside cabana bar and grill, two jacuzzies, fitness center and day spa. Paradise will be your back yard!
KAUAI RESORT AMENITIES
• 4 swimming pools, including 2 lagoon pools, 75-ft lava tube slide, & kid-friendly sand bottom pool.
• Two whirlpool spas, one amidst a stone grotto and surrounded by lush ferns and an exotic waterfall.
• Three restaurants on site.
• "Take-Out" service available from the restaurants for guests.
• Poolside Driftwood Bar and Grill
• Free Wi-Fi access in lobby, restaurants, and the pool areas.
• Hawaiian Rainforest Boutique Spa offering sauna, spa treatments, massages ect.
• Activities and tour desk.
• Guest laundry (coin operated located in building #1)
• Enterprise car rental agency on-site..
• ATM, ice machines, purified water machines and vending machines.
• Fitness room
• Business center with computer.
• Fridge for your food, soda, wine, etc.
• In room, blow dryer, ironing board.
• There is a coffee maker in the room. (please bring the coffee and supplies you will need for the length of your stay) We will provide a starter pack for you.
There is also a Starbucks on site.
• 4 sets of bath and hand towels will be in the unit
4 Pool/Beach towels for use at the resort or for the beach. There is a $20.00 charge for each missing towel.
• $34 / day parking fee paid directly to Kauai Beach Resort at check-in.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT POLICY
• Check-in time is 4:00 PM / Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
Check in procedure:
Simply check in at the front desk with your name and booking info.
• Please note that daily maid service is not included when renting direct through VRBO. The cleaning fee included in your payment to VRBO covers cleaning/re-stocking the room after your stay.
If you would like a mid-stay cleaning (maid service) for your room it is $65 each cleaning.
As Private Unit guest you have full access to the pools, whirlpool spas, the grounds, the beach, the business center, the restaurants, the lounge, the poolside bar, live music, the fitness room, coin laundry access and the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa.
By renting via VRBO you avoid paying the $25 per day resort fee charged by Kauai Beach Resort. However, the Hawaiian Cultural classes, which include classes like Hula and Lei Making are not included as part of your stay.
FAQs - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS THIS CONDO OR A HOTEL ROOM?
Both. The resort was previously a Hilton hotel, the units are just like hotel rooms. However, they are privately owned “condotels”. The resort operates much like a hotel, and most guests are not aware that the units are privately owned. Most of the units are offered to the public through the resort or through travel sites at much higher retail prices. Although, a few are offered on VRBO at owner rates with access to the resort’s amenities.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RENTING ON VRBO vs. THE RESORT
The $$$ price and also maid service. Renting direct through VRBO saves you a lot of money. However, daily maid service is not included. The cleaning fee you pay when booking takes care of cleaning and restocking the unit after your stay.
DOES THE UNIT HAVE A KITCHEN?
No. They do not have kitchens they were previously hotel rooms.
ARE WE ABLE TO COOK IN THE UNIT?
No. Local fire ordinances do not allow cooking in any of the rooms. The resort has a microwave in the lounge area on the 5th floor of Building 2 that can be used by all guests.
WHAT IS THE RESORT’S BEACH LIKE?
The resort is located on a 3-mile stretch of beautiful beach, amazing for long walks. The beach is very scenic but, is not considered a swimmable beach as it has a decent amount of coral. The surf is also unpredictable. It's best is to go to some of Kauai's many famous beaches for swimming. Lydgate Beach park is a nearby beach that is good for swimming.
SHOULD I GET A CAR?
We recommend that you have a rental car. The resort has most everything you need to have a wonderful time and relax. A car will allow you to experience many popular attractions, buying groceries, and going to many amazing restaurants etc. If you want a car for a day or two there is an on-site Enterprise car rental agency. The rates are higher but it is an option for a short rental.
IS THERE FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE AIRPORT?
No. The shuttle service from the airport is not available to our guests. The resort does offer free shuttle service to/from the airport for guests who book through the resort. Kauai Beach Resort is close the airport which make taxi prices more reasonable. Uber also operates on the island!
ARE THERE BEACH TOWELS TO TAKE TO THE BEACH?
Your stay includes 4 pool/beach towels.
DOES THE RESORT CHARGE A RESORT FEE?
Private owner guests are not required to pay the $25 daily resort fee.
DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR A DAILY PARKING FEE?
Yes, if you have a car the resort charges $34 /day for parking. This fee is paid by the guest to Kauai Beach Resort at check-in.
DO I GET FREE WI-FI INTERNET SERVICE?
YES! Wi-Fi is FREE in all the units. The signal extends into the lobby, restaurants, bars and in the pool area!
DOES THE UNIT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING?
Yes. The unit has central A/C.