Visitors to Melksham are sure to enjoy the bars, coffeehouses, and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and churches. Top sights around the area include Bath Abbey, Roman Baths, and Stonehenge.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Melksham
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 24.4 mi (39.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Melksham
A favorite place to visit in the city is Great Chalfield Manor. In the area, you'll also find Bath Abbey and Roman Baths.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Melksham. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Pear Tree Inn - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Beechfield House Hotel - Our customers love the convenient parking and clean rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
- Whaddon Grove House - B&B - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Stonehenge, located 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the city center, and American Museum in Britain, which is 7.4 mi/11.9 km away.
Getting Around Melksham
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Melksham Station. Melksham may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Melksham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Melksham each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F